Open Work Permit
Introduction:- An open work permit allows a foreign national to work for any Canadian employer he/she wants over a specified period of time. Some open work permits may restrict the kind of job or place in which the foreign national may work. Openwork permit and work permit are totally different. In most cases, you will have to pay the open work permit holder fee at the same time that you pay the work permit fee.
Who can apply for an open work permit?
You can be eligible for an open work permit if you:
- are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
- are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
- applied for permanent residence in Canada
- are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
- are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
Most of the immigration companies are not mentioning the difference between the work permit and the open work permit as both are totally different. Even the students don’t know the requirement for the work permit. You will get the visa only when all the required documents will be received by your visa officer.
In work permit, you just need a letter from employer and it is called a job offer letter, LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment ). An employer has a portal and employer put a request on this portal, if the request is approved and matched to your qualification then the LMIA will be given to you. This work permit is different in which you need a job offer letter.
Types of open work permit:
Restricted: – In this type of work permit you don’t have the right to decide your job location or occupation; it will be decided by your Visa officer.
Unrestricted: – on the other hand in this type of work permit you can work anywhere according to your requirement.
Benefits of Applying For Spouse Dependent Openwork Permit:
- On availing Spouse Dependent Work Permit Visa your spouse can work full time while he/she is in Canada.
- There is no requirement of appearing for IELTS as a language proficiency test to avail Spouse Dependent work permit visa.
- There is no need for LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) or Job offer at the time of application if your spouse is already in Canada on a valid visa status.
- You can stay with your spouse in Canada till your permit is valid.
- You can even extend your stay with your spouse in Canada by extending the validity of your visa. This can be possible if your spouse has extended the validity of his/her valid visa status.
As we are registered consultants and are aware of the processes and required documents for Spouse Dependent Work Permit even if they are case specific we are able to ensure the entire process to be smooth, hassle-free and time-saving for you.